Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 1 Body and Soul Boot camp

I did it!  I finished my first day of the Body and Soul Boot camp!  My arms are shaking, but my heart is full.  I am so so blessed to be on this journey.  I hope others join me, but if not, I am completely happy being a party of 1. :)

THE DEVOTIONAL

If you haven't downloaded the 30 Devotional, do it now!!  Just go here and get it.  Each day I will highlight the verse and then share some of my own thoughts.  Please go to Dashing Dish and get the full devotional!

Our verse today:


“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it
all for the glory of God.” -1 Corinthians 10:31


I must admit, I have lacked in this area.  Have I done everything for the glory of the Lord?  No. :(  Do I forget to give him glory in ALL things?  Even in how I view my body? Yes!  Do I spend too much time comparing what I look like to others or even measure myself up against what I used to look like when I was a gymnast? Ugh, YES!  We all fall short of the glory of God, but with HIM all things are new. 

 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

But don't lose hope because:

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

Don't give up!

There is great comfort in these words.  I am learning that it is okay to be me and my only measuring stick is the LORD!  

THE WORKOUT

I don't know about you, but this workout kicked my booty!  It was HARD!  This is coming from someone who has not done strength training like this in a LONG time...ehem, like YEARS.  You know even though it was hard...I am SO glad I did it.  Part way through, I was fighting the mind games and negative thoughts because it was hard and at a time in my past this workout would not have been as challenging as it was for me.  It was hard to not compare to my "old" self.  I just kept pray that the Lord would help me though it and that He would be proud of me for just doing it and finishing the race I started.

Two things:  1:  Have a stop watch on hand so you can keep track of 30 second intervals. and 2:  Keep your water close by!

I told myself that even if I couldn't do an exercise for 30 seconds that I needed to keep moving or modify the skill.  I did the 5 sets, but struggled to do 30 seconds on a few of them, so I would just go until exhaustion, burn, or 30 seconds.  It seemed to work well!  No guarantees I will be able to walk tomorrow though!  I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be sore tomorrow. ;)

PICTURES!
Please note, I am not a professional photographer.   With only a 'point and shoot' camera, all the pictures will be very amateur and taken by me (what's a stay at home mom to do with a 2 year who can't take pictures?!)!!!  

First you need tv inspiration.  How about Hoda and Kathie Lee! AND, it was 80's day.  Bonus!


Of course, the Easy Bake Oven.  80's classic making it's comeback!


Shoes are on with hot pink workout pants and I didn't even know it was 80's day.  Perfect!


Feeling good and confident before the workout. ;)


Getting my booty kicked!


But still smiling at the end!


How did your workout go?  Come back tomorrow!  I will be highlighting one of my favorite Dashing Dish main dish.  Mmmmm. :)

Blessings!
Me





2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go, Leah!

rachel vaughn said...

what's faith do while you workout?
well, i couldn't decide what to do since i had just done strength stuff yesterday, so i just did my normal cardio today, and maybe i'll switch it up tomorrow. and the devotional is great, but i didn't get to it until before bed (after plenty of cookies this afternoon :-/ ). maybe tomorrow i'll get to it earlier. thanks for sharing your experience today :-)