Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 2 Body and Soul Boot camp

How is everyone feeling today?  I hope you were able to get in Day 1 and Day 2 of the Bootcamp.  I am definitely sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be.  My main soreness is in my triceps and then just muscle fatigue.  It feels really good though!

THE DEVOTIONAL


“Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the
desires of your heart” -Psalm 37:4

Today's verse is such a great verse.  Katie really explains it well and touches on how easy it is to take this verse out of context. Please go and read her devotional!  If you haven't downloaded the devotionals click here.  Today, I also wanted to include another version of this verse that you can find in the New Life Version Bible.


 "Be happy in the Lord. And He will give you the
 desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4


I really like the 'be happy' part of this version.  Happiness is really a choice and even though it is REALLY tough to be happy in all things and situations, it is what God wants us to be.  If we are truly seeking Him in all things, then we can rest in the Lord in all situations.  At that point, we are lined up with the Lord and His desires become our desires and we will feel a peace.  I just LOVE that peace!   Is it easy, NO! Do I fail at this, Yes! It can be a struggle for sure.  Keep the faith and keep seeking Him!

THE WORKOUT

Today, Faith and I went on a brisk walk for 30 minutes around our neighborhood.  I am wondering if it wasn't quite enough to get my heart rate up, but it was definitely a workout pushing a stroller and a 2 year old!  I forgot to get a picture!  I should have asked my neighbor since I went over to borrow her blender.  See below for my blender story. ;)

THE RECIPE

Last night, I made one of my favorite Dashing Dish, Main dish!  The Honey Parmesan Chicken Poppers.  I love these!!  After years and years of eating baked chicken breasts as a kid, I am not a big fan of chicken when it's essentially 'standing alone.'  This recipe is SO good.  The honey coating really makes this recipe in my opinion.  I wanted to try a new recipe as a side for this dish, so I made the Mashed Cauliflower With a Butternut Squash Swirl.  The recipe was going so well.  I boiled the cauliflower and added it to my blender and nothing...the blender wouldn't blend!!  Thankfully, I had gotten the cauliflower really soft, so I just smashed it all by hand by stirring and mashing.  I ended up finding some butternut squash in the frozen vegetable area, so I ended up using that.  Instead of making a glaze with the squash, I just mashed it all right together.  It all ended up just fine, just not NEARLY as pretty as it looks on Katie's site.  I am almost too embarrassed to post my picture of the meal.  Haha!  Since you remember that I am an amateur picture taker, I will post the pictures. :)


The prep!


Ready to serve!  We had Honey Mustard as the dipping sauce.


Since we didn't have any leftover chicken the Little People and animals had to settle for a sandwich. ;)

See you tomorrow!

Blessings,
Me

No comments: