Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 19 Body and Soul Boot Camp

Happy almost weekend!  One more day on this boot camp!!  I have almost made it.  You have almost made it if you are following along.  YEAH!!  What have you learned through this process?  I hope to share with you on Monday my final thoughts, so stay tuned.

THE DEVOTIONAL

I haven't really been reading ahead on the devotionals.  I just take each day as it comes and I have to say this is the perfect verse for the second to last day of our Body and Soul Boot Camp!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at a proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9

It would be easy to just stop doing the workouts and devotionals when the boot camp is over.  However, I feel like this is a great jump start to continue the race to get more healthy in my body, mind, and soul.  I hope it is a jump start for you, too. There are days I am weary and I get frustrated because I don't feel like I am where I want to be in my body and mind, but then God reminds me that this is a marathon not a sprint.  It is like He is saying, "Leah, don't let the weariness stop you, keep working out and reading my word, because at the proper time, you will reap the harvest if you don't give up!"  It is important for me to be realistic in my goals and pray that my "harvest" is His harvest not what the world says is 'perfect' for my body and mind.  Keep pressing forward my friends!  Please read Katie's devotional for day 19.  It is so good!

THE WORKOUT

Yes! I got in my workout today!!!  Wahoo!  I ended up doing the treadmill for 30 minutes.  The time went by so fast with some ipad videos as a distraction!  It was great.  I watched some different music videos from my favorite artists and then God brought one of Katie's videos to my mind.  Please take a few minutes to watch it.  Towards the end she mentions worship music.  God first used His music to wake up my soul and melt my cold heart.  I remember going to church each Sunday in college (when I was seriously seeking the Lord) and listening to the music.  Each song would melt my heart a little more and a little more for Him.  And, I soon began to realize I was lovable.  That it was okay to feel love, and starting with Him was the safest place of all. It was songs like this that really brought me to my knees for HIM.  Praise Jesus!

Jump over here and watch Katie's video.



THE DESSERT

It's Friday ya'll...time to feature a dessert.  I have to say Katie has made this very difficult for me.  I had all the recipes I was going to feature planned out when I first started this boot camp, but then she kept coming out with new yummy things of course, so I had to do some chang'in up because I had to try the peach shake and then I had to try the 1 Minute Peanut Butter Cookie for One!  It says it is for ONE, so yeah, I don't have to share. :)  Mmmmm!


And, YES you are going to want to make a heart out the peanut butter chips because you are going to love it that much!  Seriously, it is so good you just may fall in love. :)

Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Me

No comments: