Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 7 Body and Soul Boot camp

Hey Friends!  I hope you are well and getting in your workout and devotional today.  It is blazing hot here...AGAIN.  I think we have had over 100 days of 100 degree heat this summer...which breaks a record.  I am ready for some cooler weather and let's face it, I am ready for a fall wardrobe!

Anyone else having an allergy flare up?  I tell ya...I am feeling HORRIBLE!  The doctor yesterday ruled out strep, and thought it could be allergies...which I already have and take Zyrtec for about 6 months out of the year.  Anywho, it is making me feel yucky whatever I have going on.  And, I have to say, it is kind of stinky that I feel so stinky on my BIRTHDAY!  To cheer me up, Faith and I decided to celebrate by watching Elmo's World birthday episode. :)

THE DEVOTIONAL

"May the Lord give us the desire to do His will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations he gave our ancestors." 1 Kings 8:58

This verse touches on what is my ultimate prayer...that my desires would line up with His desires.  Nothing is better than when you are lined up with the Lord and He is the driver of your life.  Let's face it, sometimes it is hard to obey isn't it?  Sometimes I want to do it my way and have it work out just how I planned.  However, I have found that when I try and do things my way it either doesn't work out or it ends up having a bitter "taste" to it.  Even in the areas of health and diet, we can be healthy about it and seek God to find out what is right for our body or we can compare ourselves to others and do it in an unhealthy way.  I struggle with this a lot.  Slowly though, as I pray about it and seek Him to fill me with what He would desire me to do in the areas of health and diet, I start to feel at peace because I am lined up vertically with the One who matters and not horizontally with worldly matters.

THE WORKOUT

Today, I decided to head down to the ol' dungeon basement and dust off the treadmill.  Dare I say it sputtered a little upon starting and there may have been a little smoke.  ;)  I did a little combo of run and walk for 30 minutes.  Next time, I want to try one of Katie's treadmill workouts.  Have you tried one?  What is your favorite one?  I think I am going to try the Treadmill Pyramid Intervals next.  Maybe after being in the basement more I will get more motivated to clean up down there and organize all my teaching stuff, Christmas stuff, and whatever other stuff we have down there!  Hmm, maybe I need a 30 day Clean and Organize Bootcamp next!  

SHAKE IT UP WEDNESDAY

In honor of my birthday, I made the Cake Batter Protein Shake of course!  It truly tasted just like a vanilla cake batter.  Love it!  I think the Peanut Butter Chocolate one I featured last week is still my favorite, but this is a great non-chocolate shake.  Try it today!


Yummo!

I am so glad you have read this far!  Now for the SPECIAL SURPRISE!

GIVEAWAY!

It's my birthday and I want to give YOU a present!

All you have to do is leave a comment telling me 

1). What is your favorite workout to do?
2) What is your favorite Dashing Dish recipe?
3) If I don't have your email address leave one, 
so I can contact you if you are the winner!


The winner will be announced on Monday the 10th!

Oh, you want to know what you win?

Your choice of Dashing Dish Meal Plan...on me! :)

Have a great day!

Blessings, 
Me


13 comments:

janna said...

So fun to read that I was planning on joining you today and got up earlier and then so did my lil man! Got a workout in but boot camp for me will have to start tomorrow :-)
So far I am obsessed with the cake batter protein shake ! And happy birthday by the way!

dashingdish said...

Happy Birthday Leah! HOW EXCITING! :) That shake was my birthday breakfast as well! :) Very fitting for a bday I think! ;)

Hope your birthday is wonderful!!!

Your amazing! Keep up the great work!

danielley11 said...

I love HIIT classes! It's intense and burns a ton of calories! MY favorite is any of the protein shakes! I really love plain strawberry but I am hoping to try chocolate peanut butter soon!

jamie said...

Hi, I like doing something different every day with my workouts so I don't get bored, but I think arm workouts with weights are my fave. That is not the area I need it most though. My fave recipe is the meatloaf muffins. I've tried a ton of her recipes and they have all been great.
-jamie
jamiemckown@yahoo.com

dreenie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
I was doing the treadmill awhile back and even though i was really terrified of it i really liked it and felt the difference in my body. i want to try the enchilada puffs from dashing dish!!! look so yummy!!
dreenie4@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I prefer just walking....gives me time to reflect. I LOVE LOVE the cake batter protein shake but make it with chocolate! Yummy! k_bphillips@yahoo.com

Libby said...

I LOVE to run..and Pilates is a close second! I love DD pumpkin shake! I had it today and it is amazing!! I am SO ready for Fall..I had a very hard time finding canned pumpkin at the grocery store..gave up came home..and of course, there is a can in my pantry! Happy Happy Birthday!

Daniel and Cerissa said...

Great blog! My favorite workout is upper body strength training and my favorite dd recipe is the Greek Turkey Burgers (YUM). I also love her shakes (chocolate pb is my favorite too). Thank you for the giveaway and happy birthday!!!!

Judy M said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love swimming. Easy on the joints.
The DD Skinny Starbucks Frappuccino is my favorite. I have it at least three times a week!

Unknown said...


Happy Birthday!
My favorite work out is a good two mile walk at the track.
All of Dashing Dish recipes are great but I love the smoothies.

countrygourmethomeofsd@yahoo.com

sarah.flyingkites said...

Happy Birthday, Leah!

I do not like exercising, but when I do, my favorite thing is a fast-paced walk with Hubby or a friend!

Tara said...

Happy Birtday Leah! My birthday is on Sunday! Hope you had a great one. My favorite workout would include running and walking in intervals. My most favorite workout lately is one from the Dashing Dish! It's the 20 min HIIT workout. I'm on the intermediate level right now. Who knows how long it'll take to go up one more level. All of Katie's recipes are so great, but my favorite...as of right now is the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frozen Yogurt!! It's so great to have frozen treat options that won't bust your calorie intake for the day! Me email is tara.leigh.jackson@comcast.net

rachel vaughn said...

oh zyrtec makes me sooo sleeeepy. i'm feeling much better now that i got my allergy prescription filled a couple weeks ago. i'd join you on a cleaning bootcamp! :-) my favorite workouts would be when, many years ago, i used to be able to workout with classes in a gym. that was fun! these days, it's whatever i can get in as fast as possible--or i always love being outside when the weather's decent :-). i made the cottage cheese frappaccino (i can't figure out how to spell it now though) for husband yesterday (minus the ingredients i didn't have), and we were both really impressed! i don't know what starbucks' tastes like, but joshua's buying more cottage cheese today :-) hope you feel better soon!!