Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 6 Body and Soul Boot camp- COMPLETE

Hey Everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful 3 day weekend.  As you know, we spent a better portion of it fighting sickies around here and I could be seen with antibacterial wipes in hand wiping down everything.  I am kind of a germ-a-phob I must admit. ;)

We headed to the doctor today to have them check Faith's ears and my throat.  After paying a double copay we walked out with a double diagnoses of "colds."  Expensive colds!  Oh, well.  I am thankful it wasn't more.

Okay, so moving on to the fun stuff!

THE DEVOTIONAL


For everyone born of God overcomes the world.  
This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.
1 John 5:4

Head over to Katie's Dashing Dish to read her devotional on this verse.  As I was doing some searching and looking up on this verse, I decided to read a few different versions of this verse.  I want to include this one today.  This is from the New Living Translation.

For every child of God defeats this evil world
by trusting Christ to give the victory.
1 John 5:4

When we have accepted Christ as our Lord and personal Savior, He equips us to "do battle" in this fallen world. He gives us the tools to do so when we read Ephesians 6:10-18.  In this, we can trust Christ to bring victory to us as His children!

THE WORKOUT

I really had to push myself to get this workout done.  I am still not feeling well, but I don't want to get more behind, so I just did my best!  Since my energy level isn't up to it's usual, I decided to do each exercise to my exhaustion.  That only ended up being about 10-15 reps of each.  I did do 5 sets of all though.  This really wasn't how I had planned for this week to start out, but I am not giving up on this!  I figure it will take a few days to get back up to the level of energy I had before I got sick and then it should just rise from there, right?! ;)

Today, I did my workout while Faith was watching her morning shows.  It actually worked out really well!  There were a few times where she tried to join in and it just made me smile.


Here she is doing low pulsing squats. :)

THE RECIPE

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means...it's share one of my favorite recipes from Dashing Dish!  



These are super yummy and easy to make, too.  I did end up using the jumbo size crescent rolls to make this dish.  They were not reduced fat though.  I personally, find it easier to wrap the mixture in the bigger roll.  I made these for dinner, so felt like it was okay to have it be a little bit more in calories and fat.  



I love guacamole!  I just do. :)  Katie's recipe is so unique in that she uses edamame which adds a great punch of protein and fiber.  Yummo!

Head back tomorrow for another great devotional, workout report, and shake recipe!

Oh, and a little surprise for tomorrow...YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Me





1 comment:

dashingdish said...

woot woot! :) you go girl!!!! xo