Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 9 Body and Soul Boot camp

Hi Everyone!  Happy Friday!  How has your day been?  It has just started pouring rain here...however, I think it started raining over an hour ago, but I didn't notice because I was napping!  I tell ya, I am SO over this cold/allergy thing I could scream.  It has completely knocked me out.  I took a 2 hour nap!  Yes, it was nice and needed, but it has put me behind on the day.  Oh well!  I am striving for overall health and sleep is what I needed, so I am trying not to feel too guilty over my 'mega' nap. :)

Faith threw her sippy cup today...at me...at Walmart!  Yes, it was one of those moments.  Thankfully, we rarely have outbursts, but today she had just had it with riding in the cart while I was running around searching for things.  It was probably a good thing it happened in Walmart because I was on the edge of losing it big time.  Deep breath!

THE DEVOTIONAL


"I work hard, depending on Christ's might power that works within me."  Colossians 1:29

I love how this verse first says "work hard" because we know that anything that is of importance or value takes hard work to accomplish it and then the second part saying "depending on Christ's might power" shows that we must rely on Christ to help us accomplish anything.  A lot of times, I remember the "work hard" part, but I try to do it myself and then it usually doesn't turn out the way I desired because I was trying to do it for myself.  I forget to 'depend on Christ who's power works within me' to accomplish what He has for me.  Which as we know is always far better than what we think we want!  Let's remember to go to Christ first and not ourselves!  Head over to Dashing Dish and read Katie's devotional on this verse.  I love how she references to another great verse!

THE WORKOUT

So I just got done going through a verse about working hard and then I going to follow it up with "I DIDN'T GET THE WORKOUT DONE."  (Hang head low...)  Friends, I will be honest here, I didn't get it done today.  I feel so bad for not getting it done and I feel so bad I don't think I could have gotten it done!!!  Here is my plan because I am not going to just "miss" a day.  Since we usually have the weekend break, I plan to complete a treadmill workout this weekend.  I will come back and tell you about it on Monday when I also announce the winner of the giveaway!!!  Three cheers!  If you haven't entered the giveaway, go to day 7 and leave me a comment and you will be entered into a the giveaway!  Get excited!

Okay, what you all have been waiting for DESSERT!  Yes, please!

THE DESSERT

Happy Birthday to me...again!  


Let's take a moment of silence shall we...

Okay, dig in!!!!

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Blessings,
Me

1 comment:

Tara said...

Leah, don't feel too bad about not getting your workout in on Friday. My husband and I were wide awake at 5:30am and decided to get our day started early. I attacked the house with full force cleaning and my hubby went to work early in hopes to leave early that day. By the time I was done cleaning the house later that morning, I had zero energy left for a quick workout. I usually do 6 days of workouts, but just moved my Friday workout to the next day. Oh well, at least I did it yesterday! =P