Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 10 Body and Soul Boot camp

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  We all enjoyed a nice slow low key weekend around here which was great.  I got in my treadmill workout on Sunday and even spent some time after organizing our unfinished basement.  This is a huge feat!  I basically haven't touched the basement except for putting more stuff down there since we moved in over 2 years ago.  Yikes!  I have all my teacher stuff, Christmas stuff, baby stuff, and just stuff down there and it was spread out all over.  The movers just threw whatever said, "basement' on the box down there and when we moved in we were right in the middle of Faith being in the hospital and it was a miracle we even got the necessities unpacked.  I have just been trying to ignore the basement, but I go down there each week to get stuff to tutor with and it bugs me every single time.  So, yeah...getting er done. :)

Okay, let's get to the fun stuff shall we?!  The giveaway winner is....

Watch the video to find out!!


Winner please email Katie at katie@dashingdish.com
We have the payment all worked out, so just pick the meal  plan you would like!
Yeah!

THE DEVOTIONAL
I am so sorry for all of these colors...I cannot figure out how to get back to the regular background!  I don't know what happened.  

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, 
and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me."  John 15:4

This verse is a very special verse to me because it was really one of the first verses I thought about when I was seeking out the Lord.  John was the first book of the Bible I read and so it is a special book to me.  I remember highlighting this verse in my Bible and thinking my life will never be the same if I accept Christ in my heart like I was yearning to do.  And, it is true...my life has been changed and I have been created a new creation in the Lord.  2 Corinthians 5:17  That was way back in 1996!  Life is definitely not easy, but it is sure worth it with the Lord as my guide, comforter, shield, refuge, strength, and my Abba Father.

Please head over and read Katie's devotional.  It is SO good.  In her devotional, she referenced another verse that is such a good one, too.  

"The person who tells of Him in front of men and says that Jesus is the Son of God, God is living in that one and that one is living by the help of God. We have come to know and believe the love God has for us. God is love.  If you live in love, you live by the help of God and God lives in you." 1 John 4: 15-16

THE WORKOUT

I can hardly believe that this is day 10!  We are half way there!  Can we say, "leg burn" with day 10 ladies?! I think the first week, my muscles were in shock and didn't know what was happening to them.  The second week, I started to feel them respond a little and maybe even like the burn... a little. :)  I am hoping as I start week 3 tomorrow, I will start to feel some more muscle build.  Anyone say, "mus-c-l" in their head when spelling muscle to make sure you get the 'c' in there.  LOL!  Okay, I digress... Moving on!

Come back tomorrow for a recipe highlight!

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Me



1 comment:

Katie@yahoo.com said...

Sooooo cute Leah! I love how you picked the winner! Faith is precious! Xo