Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3 Body and Soul Boot camp

My pinky is even sore!  Even with all the soreness, I am feeling really good about the workouts or at least feeling good that I have finished them!  Did you try the recipe from yesterday?  I have another goodie to share today. :)  I will give you a hint...it's Wednesday, so let's 'shake' it up a bit. :)  I am sure I have stumped you.  :)  Let's jump right into the devotional shall we.  By now, I am sure you have downloaded Katie's free 30 day devotional, but if you haven't please check here, so you can.

THE DEVOTIONAL


"Submit to God, and you will have peace. Then things will go well with you."
Job 22:21

If I am eating healthy and exercising to a healthy level for myself, then I should have peace because God made my body the way it is and it's at it's best when I take care of it the way God would want me to. This verse really does make sense.  If I am praying for guidance in how to workout and what to eat (which I feel like I am doing now) and follow through with that, then I will find peace!  Then things will go well because I am in the frame of mind the Lord wants me to be and I don't have the worldly measures speaking negatively in my head or comparing myself too much to what I think I should look like or how I perceive others to see me.  I struggle mightily in the areas of comparison.  I judge myself in comparing to what I "used" to look like several years ago and I compare myself to how I look next to others.  This is something I continue to ask the Lord for help with and I am so thankful for this journey I am on now doing this bootcamp!!!

THE WORKOUT

This is hard folks.  I won't lie.  These workouts are really hard for me.  As I was doing the workout today, I admit, I wanted to stop and be done.  Even though I was alone doing it (thank goodness!), I was embarrassed with myself.  Then the Lord shook me up (so to speak) and reminded me that this is just like any other area of life.  When things get hard, it's easy to try and do it ourselves or we just want to quit.  I finally had to get to a place of acceptance and realize it is OKAY to not be where I want to be physically yet.  I can't expect to be when I haven't trained like this in a LONG time.  The important thing is to FINISH!  So, don't give up readers.  During the workout, I was dreaming about week 4 and how it might feel to complete. I imagine myself being MUCH stronger not only physically, but mentally.  Keep up the good work!  Let's keep going!  Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how it is going for you.  I would love to encourage you along the way.

Here are some pictures of my workout.  Even though I don't feel all that comfortable posting these, I feel like it is being authentic like how I strive to be to all.  And, on a funny note, I finally figured out how to set the timer on my camera!!  




SHAKE IT UP WEDNESDAY

Every Wednesday, I plan to feature one of Katie's Dashing Dish shakes.  If I remember right, this shake was not only the first shake I made of hers, but also the very first recipe I made and it remains one of my favs.  I think a little while back, Katie posted about how the cottage cheese makes the shake and she is SO right! I can't taste the cottage cheese at all in the shake.  Don't forget to use as much ice as she suggests.  It makes it nice and creamy.

I had to laugh some when I made this recipe using my neighbors blender...remember mine is somehow broken?!  Remember the scene in Father of the Bride where she is crying hysterically because her fiance got her a blender?!  Well, last night, I told Wade that I may cry if I don't get a blender for my birthday next week!

Doesn't this look yummy!!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

You know you want to make your own!  Hop over here so you can make one!

See you tomorrow!

Blessings,
Me

No comments: