Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 4 Body and Soul Boot camp

Anyone else's lactic acid flowing like a river?!  This morning I sent a text to one of my dear friends who is doing this bootcamp with me and asked her how she was feeling.  We both agreed that 'soreness' was the "Word of the Day."   My pinky is still sore btw...not even sure how that happened, but just goes to show you that Katie creates a "mean" workout!  Not really mean, but you know what I mean. ;)

How are the devotionals going for you?   Let's jump right in, shall we?!

Note:  I had to laugh at myself yesterday when I noticed how "teacher-ess" these posts are with all the headings, underlining, and such.  I guess you can take the teacher of the school, but you can't take the school out of the former teacher!"  

THE DEVOTIONAL


"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone."  Galatians 6:4

After I read today's devotional, I realize that I touched a little on this yesterday when I was sharing my own words.  It just shows you that this is a big area God is working on in me!   This verse is really so powerful and I love what Katie wrote over here about this verse and her experience of what God is teaching her.  I can very much relate!  It is so easy for me to focus on 2 things 1). Others and 2). How I don't measure up (in my eyes). I can spend time at the pool with my daughter and focus on how I don't look like that mom over there or that mom over there.  Then after 5 minutes of that, I realize that I just lost 5 minutes of plugged in time with my daughter.  She is 2 and never out of my sight, but you know how you can be there without being there?!  I have then lost precious time with one of my most precious gifts; my daughter.  Instead of focusing on what I feel like I don't have, I am going to pay more attention to what I do have and the work God has given me as His daughter.  Let's stop comparing ourselves with each other and celebrate all that God has blessed us with that makes us all different.

THE WORKOUT

Faith and I went on another walk today!  I was going to change it up and do one of Katie's treadmill workouts, but I was just feeling too sore.  We loaded up the stroller and headed out to the great outdoors!  I took my camera with me figuring I would run into someone for sure to take our pictures.  I was getting a little worried I wasn't going to find anyone about half way through.  We did pass a biker, but I didn't want to ask him to stop his bike!  A little later on, we passed a couple getting out of their RV.  They must have just rolled into town and were greeting their loved ones with hugs and handshakes, so I couldn't interrupt them!  Finally, we did pass a nice lady walking her dog and I asked if she would take my picture.  


The good news is right about at this point in the walk my body was feeling better 
and working out all the soreness!

Since the day was still young, Faith and I decided to head to our neighborhood pool.  It was about 10am and NO ONE was there and we had the pool to ourselves the entire time.  :)


We were recently introduced to the "puddle jumper" floatie thingie and LOVE it.  I love that it gives Faith a little more independence in the pool.  Like I don't have to have the Mama death grip on her at all times!  


We had only been at the pool for 10 minutes and she decided she needed her snack.  I couldn't blame her since it was her snack time, but I just had to giggle watching her eat her snack while the whole rest of the pool sat empty.  We did get back in and enjoy some more time at what may be our last pool visit of the season.  Sniff, sniff.

Come back tomorrow for another great recipe!  

Blessings,
Me

1 comment:

dashingdish said...

LOL...I love that you said your pinky was sore! :)

I'm SO proud of you Leah! Your post today brought tears to my eyes where you talked about the devotional. This is so true, and I have been guilty of this same type of thinking! It is so important that we at least recognize it as a way satan tries to get us caught up in the things that aren't important in life...Instead of keeping our mind focused on Him and others, and the important things!

You just bless my heart! :) God is GOOD!