Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 5 Body and Soul Boot camp

Happy {almost}weekend!  Today we are getting some MUCH needed rain.  We are in a huge drought here, so any rain is a God-sent.  Rain always makes me so sleepy though!  This morning Faith and I met a few friends at the park.  At one point, we all realized that the kids were playing and we were talking; not chasing kids!  It was an odd feeling for sure.  Just as we were leaving it started to rain.  Perfect timing!

THE DEVOTIONAL

I have sat and read this verse many times and "wow" it really hits me.  A lot of times, I don't know if I want God to "test me."  Naturally, we don't want to be tested because often times that means it will be hard or it may be painful in some way.  As I continue to read through the verse, I find great courage.  Through all the testing and searching, it really is all for the good of me because the Lord will then "lead me in the way everlasting."

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalms 139:23-24 

Whenever I have come out on the other side of a hard time, I always find at least one thing that I learned and feel stronger than I did before the trial.  I really like how Katie pointed out in her devotional that we can't hide from God.  He is everywhere and knows all our thoughts.  So instead of hiding, let's open all of ourselves to Him and let Him do the work in us.  Let Him wipe away any anxiety you may be struggling with and let Him lead you in peace.

Before I move onto the workout, I wanted to share with you this awesome shirt I got at a church conference I went to last weekend.  I have been working on memorizing this verse, so when people ask me about it I can quote scripture to them. :)

He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
Mark 5:34

 front

 back

THE WORKOUT

Today, was a tough day to get in my workout.  As I mentioned above, it is raining here and since it has taken me many hours to get this post writing due to all the distractions of life, it is STILL raining here.  Praise God for the rain!  However, rain makes me tired and the last thing I wanted to do today was workout.  I wanted to NAP. :)  I was good and DID do the workout. :)  With one of my favorite shirts on, I began the workout.   Instead of doing the 5 sets today, I did 3 sets of each and tried to go for the full 30 seconds per strength exercise.  I didn't quite make that goal, but I tried!  I am looking forward to a couple days rest and then hit it right back up on Monday.  How are you doing with your workouts?  Keep up the good work.  We finished the first week.  I am so proud of you!  Way to go!




Let's celebrate finishing the first week of the Body and Soul Bootcamp!

Have your own personal cake why don't ya?!  I don't mind if I do. :)

Head over to Dashing Dish for this Single Serve 2 Minute Chocolate Cake


Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day Weekend.

Blessings!
Me

1 comment:

dashingdish said...

Leah, I just LOVE watching you take this journey! I am so blessed be each and every post as I watch you 'exercise' you spiritual and physical muscles! :)

Oh, and in case you didn't know...I"M YOUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER!!!

I LOVE the shirt btw! So amazing! :)