Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 11 Body and Soul Boot camp

HALF WAY!

We are half way done...Be proud!

I cannot believe how fast this boot camp is going.  It seems just like yesterday that God was pressing upon my heart to get off my seat and do this.  I actually sat on it for a few months before I finally just took the plunge.  Aww, now I am getting all sentimental!  I hope in some little way, this challenge and following along with me has moved you to get moving a little more, to dive into God's Word a little more, and to cook some awesome recipes from Dashing Dish!  

THE DEVOTIONAL

Just a little tidbit before we jump right into the devotional.  Have you ever had a moment when you are taking a shower and BAM you have a revelation?!  No, it just me?  I'm weird I guess. HAH!  Anyway, I realized last night even though the boot camp and the devotional are 4 weeks they are not equal in days.  What? you already figured that out?!  Hahahaha, I am so slow figuring this out.  I cannot stop laughing at myself!  I want to encourage you when we are finished with the Four week (20 days) boot camp you finish up the Four week (30 days) devotional. :)

"Not by might, nor power, but by my spirit says the Lord Almighty." Zechariah 4:6

It is so easy for me to want to be in control of my life.  I often think I know best and forget to ask God if it is His best for me.  Anyone else struggle with this?  I usually have to fail at my selfish attempt to be brought back to asking God what He wants for me.  One example that comes to my mind is when I was competing gymnastics for my college team.  I wasn't the best on the team by far, but I was a diligent worker and worked hard every day to accomplish my assignments  and to perfect my routines.  One competition comes to my mind though. I struggled with the mind games when it came to competing and found myself falling and not performing to my best.  I always knew I could do better, but I fell to the pressure.  One meet, I wasn't supposed to compete for the team score, but just as an exhibition for beam and floor.  I watched as my teammate and best friend fell on vault and broke her leg.  It was horrible!  Next thing I knew, I was told be ready your routines are going to count.  Normally, I would have fallen to the pressure, but I remember praying and asking the Lord to help me and I wanted to do it for me friend.  I ended up having one of the best meets of my college career that day.  It wasn't my might or power that got me through.  It was His spirit and me releasing all control over to Him that allowed me to shine that day.  

Head over HERE to read today's devotional.  

THE WORKOUT

Week 3!  I am so excited to be on week 3!  Did you notice the cardio time was upped?  Yep, I noticed!  I could feel this workout in my legs for sure.  I think some of it was that I did day 10 yesterday which was also strength, so my legs didn't have as much time to recover.  I ended the workout with some more abs.

Thumbs Up!

THE RECIPE

Last night I made one of my favorite Dashing Dish recipes.  The Greek Style Feta Burgers!  I make these often.  We decided to change it up a bit and grill them.  I usually use the foreman grill, but I talked Hubby into firing up the big manly grill and seeing how they turned out.  It was great!  For the side, I just baked potatoes and used plain Greek yogurt and some chives to compliment.  Too bad the picture below isn't a scratch and taste sticker, huh?!  Guess you will just need to make you own.  Add it to your menu.  You won't be sorry. :)


Have a great day!
Blessings,
Me


1 comment:

rachel vaughn said...

oh no, i'm starting week 3 tomorrow. i don't want more cardio time! waaaa