Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 13 Body and Soul Boot Camp

Fall is in the air!  It is only supposed to be in the 60s here which is a sharp contrast from 90s.  I walked out the door this morning and wished I had brought a little jacket.  It is windy and cloudy here as well, so it made it feel extra chilly.  It made me crave soup!  What is your favorite soup recipe?  Leave a comment with a link to it or leave me the recipe.  I would LOVE to know!!  Here is one of my favorites Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup by the Sisters at  The Sisters Cafe.  I think it would be yummy to pair it with Golden Sweet Cornbread by Dashing Dish.  Oh, man now I really wish I was having this for dinner!

Maybe we will just have these cups for dinner.  Looks like they will be ready to go for tonight. ;)





THE DEVOTIONAL

"You will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isaiah 26:3

I admit, I struggle with keeping in perfect peace when I'm going through tough situations.  I let my emotions run and sometimes it brings me way down.  My greatest strength is also my greatest weakness: EMOTION.  It is when I am not instep with the Lord that my emotions take off and I struggle with depression, etc.  I have also seen the beautiful side of emotion when lifting up others, giving, serving, and helping in the name of God.  That is when I experience perfect peace.  So, let's practice fixing our eyes on God all the time; through the hard and good times and trusting He knows best.  Hop over and read day 13 of Katie's devotional.

THE WORKOUT

Today, was another strength day for week 3 day 3.  My body is starting to crave working out.  I just love when I get to this point!  One area, I would like to work on more is my core strength.  That is where I am feeling the most weak as well as the area I would liked toned up the most.  I have had a really really hard time getting my belly back to its before baby state. I am just not losing weight there. :(  Any hints or direction for me?

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Come back tomorrow for a great dessert recipe!  I love Fridays!

Blessings,
Me

1 comment:

rachel vaughn said...

i don't have any workout tips at all--just a comment on the belly. first, i'd say i'm with you on the post-pregnancy belly that still looks pregnant, but i've never ever noticed your belly (other than when faith was in there :-) ). the other thing is just my opinion--mamas who have been blessed with pregnancy will never go back to pre-pregnancy. in some ways, our bodies have been forever changed by our sweet babies. in some ways our bodies have been made stronger, and in some places there may be pains still lingering or whatever. anyway, not saying you shouldn't workout and accomplish your goals, and things do go back to not-pregnant. i actually love the stretch marks on my belly. it's kind of like a little tattoo stamp my sweet little daughter's bottom left for me four years ago :-)