Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 14 Body and Soul Boot Camp

Raise your hand if you like garage saling!  Faith and I headed out to do some shopping this morning.  We met up with a few friends and hit the streets. :)  We came home pretty empty handed other than this cute "new to us" baby stroller.  I actually got it for free. :)  Crazy small world...the stroller used to belong to one of my former Kindergarten students.


THE DEVOTIONAL

"For as man thinks in his heart, so is he."  Proverbs 23:7

I am late in getting this blog posted and seeing that it is 11:51pm, I don't think it will get posted today!!  One reason, I am glad this is late in posting is that I have had a chance to read Katie's new devotional post today.  It ties in with this day 14 devotional.  If you haven't read it head over here.  How you think of yourself is evident in how you carry yourself.  I realize this in my self more often than I would like to admit.  There are days, for example, that I will put on a shirt and think it makes me look "fat" and then another day I will put it on and think "wow, this shirt looks great."  The "fat talk" usually happens after I have been comparing myself to someone or something worldly has triggered me think negatively of myself.  It really is a frame of mind.  Don't let your negative self talk (that Satan loves to use) bring you down and let it seep in as "truth" because it is NOT.  It is a LIE.  Commit to striking out those negative self talk sayings in your head!  I am going to keep fighting the good fight for truth!

THE WORKOUT

Happy Trails-mill!  Yep, it was a treadmill day.  Today, I attempted to work the IPad and do the treadmill.  It was kind of a disaster!  But, I got it done AND.....I got the basement organized!!!!!!!!  Yes, a workout and an organized basement.  I just may be giddy.  You would think I was "nesting."  I never had a chance to "nest" before Faith arrived at 30 weeks, so maybe I am finally nesting when she is 28 months.  I got all the boxes grouped in their categories and there is a wide open space in the middle of our basement now!  When Wade got home, I told him he had to go look at the basement.  When he came up he said, "Wow...now we just need to downsize the stuff."  I was hoping for a little longer "party" to celebrate my nice categories, Babe. Hah!  So, someday, I will clean out the categories.  Baby steps!

THE DESSERT

Today, I made the S'more Granola.  It is SO good.  Head over here for the recipe!


Have a great weekend!

Blessings, 
Me


Blog posted 12:22AM...time for bed!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That granola looks great!