Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 16 Body and Soul Boot Camp

Let's get the basement exposure done shall we?!  Okay, here is the basement!  Eek!  Believe it or not, this is much better than it was before...I mean see that open space!!!!!!!!!!


We are getting a lot of use out of that weight machine, huh?! ;)




Teacher stuff!  Did I ever tell you that my co-worker packed ALL my stuff for me when I had Faith?  Yes, she is amazing and what a tremendous blessing she was to me during that time.  Wow, I am so humbled!

Okay, now that you have seen that...let's move on!  :)

THE DEVOTIONAL

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23

As I read this verse, I am struck with how strong the middle of the verse is to me when I read it.  "ABOVE ALL ELSE"!  That means take every measure in your life to guard your heart from worldly things because whatever is sowing in your heart will shape how you live, and the course of your life.  Each decision we make impacts our lives.  Before I met my husband, I was in a 14 month relationship that should have ended within the first month, but I held on even though I heard the Lord whispering to me to let go of the relationship because it was not in my best interest.  I didn't and I had to learn somethings the hard way.  If only, I had guarded my heart from what the world was telling me "Oh, relationships are just hard,"  "You will be more secure in a relationship," or believing lies that "Oh, he didn't mean to say that to me, he was just mad," I would have suffered a lot less emotional hurt.  But, God is good and never left my side, but just waited patiently for me to gather up the strength to walk away and PRAISE THE LORD I did drive away (listening to this song over and over) one last time and end it because my life would have been so so hard if I had remained in that relationship.  After I broke off the relationship, 6 months later I met my husband, and 11 months after that we were married!  He is such a gift.  I am so thankful that in the end, I did guard my heart and in doing so the course of my life turned out for the better.  What is God teaching you in this verse?  Head over here to read Katie's devotional.

THE WORKOUT

It was a treadmill day!  God is teaching me a lot about perseverance while on the treadmill.  As I am running on the treadmill, I want to stop when it gets hard...after only 5 minutes....yah, for reals. ;)  It is at that time, that God reminds me that life is a race.  It is a continuous race.  The terrain may change some.  You may have some hills, some valleys, some mountains, some water to tread, but you will always be moving through life.  Often times, I want to stop at the base of mountain and just sit there and protect myself from the world and the times I am in the valley I just want to give up and sink into the ground more.  It is usually in those times that I am trying to do it all myself.  Gee, why can't I seem to learn this lesson!  Each time, I forget myself, my own fears and insecurities, and let God, He gets me through to the other side and ready to begin again.  Hebrews 12:1


Ready to hit the treadmill

THE RECIPE

Can you guess what is in here?!  I can smell it now.  Mmmm!  Sorry, to tempt you since you can't smell it, but let me just say it smells GOOD!  Head over here to get your recipe to make this for dinner!



Today, marks the start of week 4 for the Body and Soul Boot Camp.  Wow, almost finished this race I set out for myself!!!  Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Me

1 comment:

katie said...

What a blessing it has been to watch you on this journey for me...and I'm sure SO many others! You are truly an amazing friend, and woman of God! So proud of you and all your accomplishments these past few weeks! :) xo