Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 17 Body and Soul Boot Camp

Who are your favorite Christian artists?  Favorite song?  I definitely have my favorites.  My top 3 are Casting Crowns, Shawn McDonald, and Jeremy Camp.  I have loved these artists for a long time!  I have recently been introduced to Kari Jobe.  Wow, she is amazing.  I have been watching/listening to her music on y@utube.  So fun!  I am listening to Shawn McDonald's Closer now.  Oh, so good!  He has an amazing testimony, too.

THE DEVOTIONAL

"Don't keep striving for what you should eat or what you should drink, and don't be anxious. For the Gentile world eagerly seeks all these things, and your Father knows that you need them.  But seek His kingdom, and these things will be provided for you."  Luke 12:29-31

Head over to Dashing Dish to read!  This verse is a great command to seek His kingdom first above all else and then what you need will be provided.  It is a reminder to me that I am not in control of things.  Oh, how I have needed to learn this over and over.  I seem to think that I know best far too often for my own good.  Then God gently reminds me that His ways are above my ways and I do not need to be anxious about anything.  I need to seek Him first and then all else will fall into place according to His will which is best for me.  Amen!

THE WORKOUT

It was a pump it up day!  I love that I am starting to feel stronger with the workout.  I am definitely not in the shape I desire to be, but this boot camp has really helped me to get into gear and getting my muscles going again.  I find that working out in front of the tv works best for me.  I need the distraction/entertainment!  The great thing about this workout is that I can have the tv on and do the workout right in my own living room. :)  Woot!  Wade and I are not big into any of the "popular" shows.  We watch a lot of sports, HGTV, and NCIS around here.  We love NCIS!  Who is ready for the premier next week?  Eeek!  Anyway, for some reason, I got into the blind auditions of the Voice and so I dvrd it the other night.  I put it on to do my workout today and found myself dancing to the singers, so I got a strength workout as well as cardio.  Bonus! ;)

SHAKE IT UP WEDNESDAY

This picture just might leave you 'peachless"!!


Got Shake?

You know you want the recipe so you can have a peach mustache like me. :) Just click here.

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Me


3 comments:

Katie said...

Lol sooo cute Leah! ;)

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

My favorite Christian group by far Hillsong! I LOVE their praise and worship songs! I love Casting Crowns and Third Day also. Casting Crowns church is about an hour away and we went to their church a few years ago! I made the peach milk shake yesterday too! =)
PS-Kari Jobe was in concert here last Thursday, but we couldn't go bc of a work conflict! Check out this new song by Hillsong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHgvkEPJiQ